A customer came to me with a tiny pixellated thumb pic she had found on the internet. It had Homer lying down on top of the donut and beer cans everywhere, and a few little patch of white on the board to represent clouds.
I don't like making cakes already done by someone else, but said, okay,........................as long as I could make it my own!
I couldn't stop thinking of the episode where he asks the devil Flanders for a donut and if he eats it, the devil owns his soul. One sleepy night he wanders to the fridge and says (gurgle) Mmmmm Forbidden Donut................and eats it!
This is Homer just about to polish off the forbidden donut!
(Just had to pop a can of Duff in his hnd)
Couldn't see much on the original pic, so don't know much of wht they used, but I made it like this: Basic Instructions
* 10" round chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream.
* Create a dent in the centre and a shallow chunk out of the side (didn't want to take away much cake)
* Cover in cream coloured sugarpaste (rolled fondant) and texture the cut out chunk with a bunch of cocktail sticks in your hands.
* Pin out some pink coloured sugarpaste, cut out an 11" circle, but wobbly!
* Cut a wobbly circle out of the middle
* Wet the cake where the pink will go
* Lay the pink on the cake in place and smooth the edges to round them
* Colour royal icing to five different colours and using a no. 2 piping nozzle, pip the blobby lines for the sprinkles.
* The board was covered later with a strip of blue sugarpaste wrapped round the cake onto the board, and blended at the join
* The clouds were made using a plaque cutter and white sugarpaste
* Pipe a few sprinkles onto the finished board too
* Homer is a pear drop shape of white sugarpaste with some Gum Tragacanth added for strength, create a hole in the top for his neck to go
* The head was coloured with yellow paste colouring. Just follow a picture of homer to get the features right.
* His muzzle was added on to the face (I flattened the face where it was going to go) and the glack lining added first with sugarpaste, then the tongue, then a strip of white paste indented for the teeth.
* The hair is black sugarpaste rolled as thin as you possibly can. For the top of the head, use a pin to make holes, roll the end of the "hairs" to a point and insert into the pin holes to hold in place
* Remember to do the "m" above the ear and emboss the ear so that you can see the "g".
* The duff can is a little solid cylinder of red sugarpaste, put two circles of grey on top and bottom (push a hole into the top one for the ring pull)
* Cut out a tiny white label and write "Duff" on it, and beer on the can itself with a black food colouring pen, or paint it with food colouring. Cut a tiny wide triangle of paler grey for the shape above the label and use your left over pinky red royal icing the pipe the dot.
* Finishing touches, I used some piping gel to create saliva and some beer overspilling Hope you like it! If you did a similar cake, I would love to see it!
(C) fox. I do not own the character